The Irish Hill Neighborhood Association reached out to Metro Parks for an update on the Breslin Park makeover. They say the is proceeding. Here are some highlights:
- East walking path has been paved
- Sprayground is in progress (waiting on drains)
- Waiting on LG&E for power
- Benches anchored
- Rough grading 80% completed
- West walking path – rocking and demolishing in that area. Projected completion 2 weeks
- Parking lot paving completed by week of 10/10
Metro Parks anticipates substantial completion by November 15.
While the sprayground will not be ready for this season, as previously told to IHNA, we have been advised that more trees will be planted than originally planned. Metro Parks has not said when the trees will be planted, but the trees being selected will be substantial.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.