Wednesday . July 20, 2011 . 6:30pm . Gilda’s Club
Irish Hill Walkability Assessment
During the July neighborhood meeting, IHNA will host an Irish Hill neighborhood “Walkability Assessment.” It has been over 10 years since the Santo-Uhl expedition canvassed the neighborhood to access sidewalks, lighting, curbs, buffers, TARC stops and the general the safe walkability of the Irish Hill neighborhood.
How the Walkability Assessment will be conducted:
- Meet at Gilda’s Club for a brief presentation including what to look for and how to rate the assessment during the walk.
- Divide into groups and assign sections of the neighborhood to be assessed.
- Return forms to the Spring Street Bar and Grill.
- Fill out individual post-assessment sheet.
- ENJOY delicious FREE appetizers with your neighbors!
The information from the Walkability Assessment will be recorded and mapped out for future use by the neighborhood. This assessment tool provides the necessary information to make improvements in the neighborhood. A report is then presented to Metro District 9 Councilwoman Tina Ward-Pugh and various agencies to proactively better our neighborhood.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call, 502.905.4342, if you know you will be attending. This will help us to set up the routes prior to the meeting
Irish Hill – Walking for a better neighborhood!