The Irish Hill Neighborhood Association continues a great partnership with Gilda’s Club Louisville. They’re having a Street Dance! Â Check out all the details:
GILDAâ€™S CLUB LOUISVILLE
INVITES YOU TO
TO THE STREET!
An old-fashioned street dance for the entire community
Friday, September 16, 2011 Â Â Â Â 5:30 to 8:00pm
On Rogers Street at Baxter Avenue
For every kind of family and folks of all ages
An evening with neighbors and the Gilda community enjoying
- Music by the string band Decaf Zombies
- Traditional folk dance lessons offered on the spot
- Delicious food for purchase by the very hip Food Trucks
- Including vegetarian/vegan options
Special thanks to our neighbors on Rogers and surrounding streets
Family-friendly, free entertainment!
Gildaâ€™s Club Louisville is a cancer support community unlike any otherâ€”providing support for the whole family the whole time. Â We offer support and networking groups, lectures and workshops, and social activities for children, teens, and adults. Â To learn more about Gildaâ€™s Club Louisville and our free programs, please visit www.gildasclublouisville.org
The date previously announced for the Annual Festival has been changed:
SAVE THE DATE — The Annual Irish Hill Festival is ON! September 21st, in the evening. All details coming this weekend!
The Irish Hill Neighborhood Association is looking for nominations for Louisvilleâ€™s Next Top Neighbor.Â IHNA is a member organization of the Center For Neighborhoods (CFN).Â Below is an excerpt from their website describing the program.
If you would like to nominate someone as a Top Neighbor, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get the nomination form to you. We are also looking for location suggestions within the neighborhood.
Center For Neighborhoods is excited to announce our next public art program,“Louisville’s Next Top NeighborÂ “
Louisville’s Next Top NeighborÂ is an inspiring mural project promoting neighborhood leaders who exemplify the “21st Century Neighbor” from all 26 districts.Â This is an important opportunity to recognize neighborhood leaders who are asking “What’s Next?” and improving the quality of life and the environment within their community.Â
A total of 40 portraits will be completed – 20 in Fall 2011 and 20 in Spring 2012. One neighbor will be selected from all 26 Metro Council districts from nominees submitted by the Metro Councilperson and the remaining 14 nominees will come from the CFN Neighborhood Association Members.
During the month of November, portraits of Louisville’s Next Top Neighbors will be completed at the specific locations. Center For Neighborhoods will announce the dates and time at which the artwork will be available for public viewing.
Louisville’s Next Top Neighbor is being funded by a generous gift from Owsley and Christy Brown.
Please feel free to contact Lisa atÂ 502.589.0343 or email@example.comÂ with any questions or to receive more information.
Nomination Criteria forÂ Louisville’s Next Top Neighbor:
- A good steward of their neighborhood and the community who strives to protect and preserve the environment thereby improving the lives of others.
- A neighborhood leader who understands the important role of the local community in a global world.
- A neighborhood leader who demonstrates their passion for improving their neighborhood by addressing environmental concerns in order to improve the quality of life within their community.
- A neighborhood leader who empowers neighbors by being an inspiration for positive change and asks “What’s Next Louisville?”
- A neighborhood leader who is engaged with the community to strengthen the neighborhood identity.
- A neighborhood leader who celebrates and embraces diversity of culture, thought, and ability by promoting understanding and cooperation Metro-wide.